The Keiki Rainbow Wellness Challenge is a FREE well-being activity for students and their families during the month of May. Students who complete at least 7 of the 11 healthy activities will earn a face mask. The Challenge is open to all Hawai’i students from preschool to 8th grade.
How it Works:
- Download and print the Challenge Scorecard (also available in Spanish and ‘Ōlelo Hawai’i)
- Complete at least 7 of the 11 healthy activities
- Submit your completed Challenge Scorecard below by May 31st
- Finishers can download a Finisher Certificate and Finisher Discounts
*Every member of the family can participate in the challenge but only keiki (preschool to grade 8) may submit a scorecard below to receive a face mask.
- Physical activity, exercise, play, and mindfulness – The F.I.T.T. Principle for Kids, 10 Rules to Keep Kids Active, Ways to Get Kids Moving at Home, Health. Moves. Minds., SHAPE America – Physical Activity, Plogging
- Free plogging packs (trash bags, gloves, drinking straw, hand sanitizer) are available at Runners Hi (Aiea & Waipio), Step Ahead (Aiea), Running Room (Honolulu), Bike Factory (Honolulu), and McCully Bicycle and Sporting Goods (Honolulu)
- Running – Tips from Healthy Kids Running Series, Women’s Running, & Parents
- Stretching – Tips from ActiveKids & TeensHealth
- Build healthier families – Tips and resources from Hawaii 5210
- Healthy snacks – Ideas from KidsHealth, Hawaii 5210, & HealthyChildren.org
Submit Your Completed Challenge Scorecard:
By submitting your completed scorecard, you will also be entered to win a variety of prizes! The deadline to submit scorecards is May 31st.